Thursday, 12 September 2013

One month later

I don't know how nature does it, but sometimes time seems to go by faster than usual. Sometimes it happens when you're too busy to realise time is going by - I've found myself exclaiming at this fact quite often during the past year. Sometimes it happens when it's 3am and you've completely lost track of time and it's suddenly time to go home after a night out. However sometimes it happens because the days suddenly start merging into each other - not knowing where and when one day starts and where and when it ends. This happens when there's no clear distinction between day and night - endless days spent in bed staring at the ceiling, thinking. Maybe way too much.

This is how time goes by without your realising it. Days turn into weeks, and weeks turn into months. Precisely, days turned into one month today. One very important month - one that changed my life. The wound eventually starts healing. Usually I would have refrained from using this metaphor, but I guess clichés are clichés because they're true. The wound stops being all bloody and messy and starts turning into a scar. Slowly the days become distinguishable. You manage to get up again. Slowly, and at your own pace.

I guess the only thing that makes a difference is the outcome of the tragedy. I finally started doing things that make me happier. I began distinguishing between what makes me happy and what and who doesn't - there is no in between. If something makes you feel better - then do it. I finally started sewing - something I've been wanting to do for ages. I read more, I write more, I go out more often. I think more - more positive thoughts. I drink more coffee, I eat more fruit. I treat myself more often. I listen to my favourite songs more often. I sing more. (because the acoustics in my new bathroom are better - I must admit)

I'm not saying I'm doing too well, however I'm doing better than I expected. And this is because I'm starting to listen to what I have to say. As a matter of fact, to hell with other people's opinions. Especially the irrelevant ones - everyone heals in a different way.

xoxo
Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment