Tuesday, 2 July 2013

DIY: Lilac and white dress

Wow that was a long hiatus.

But AT LAST I got through third year (and yes I'm still alive and kicking), I received my results yesterday which made me quite jubilant :)) ANYWAY, this means I can get back to blogging since those days spent at university looking like a troll are over.

One of the things I got to after finishing University was DIY, or rather sewing. I've been seeing some striped dresses on tumblr and pinterest for quite a while now, but never actually found something to purchase which was within my budget. One fine day my mother surprised me with a hefty piece of lilac and white fabric claiming she got it for just 2eu. The dresses I had been eyeing were sort of loose-ish at the waist -  I have absolutely no idea what they're called because I suck at terminology and all that. This dress was actually quite special because I literally sewed it from beginning to end - apart from the really tricky pieces (in that case, my mother took over the sewing process). I paired this dress with a small brown bag and brown brogues and my faithful gold statement necklace. I received a number of compliments which honestly made my night  :)


here's me looking totes cool with a drink in my hand!


So practically this dress cost me 2eu and an afternoon of sweat and work to make. Pretty much worth it aye?

xoxo

Christa

6 comments:

  1. really gorgeous piece you got - or rather - made yourself there! kudos!

    x mar.s.
    http://formersize6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it :) And it's just perfect for you... Well done!

    www.allthingslady.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete