Saturday, 6 April 2013

How I'd style: A black Maxi Skirt

One wise man once said that shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist, and boy was he right.
Retail therapy, also known as the act of purchasing clothes you won't wear with money you don't really have, is quite common during times in which I feel this stressed.

So yesterday I decided that after a whole day of trying to push myself into completing my dissertation, it was time for some coffee and shopping. Since I'm going to London in 16 days (YAY!) I'm trying to save as much money as I can (because honestly, London without any shopping? I don't think so!) so I decided to quit impulse buying as much as I can. Luckily for me, and my bank account, I found a black maxi-skirt which I actually needed from New Look for just 20eu!

In my opinion maxi-skirts are really versatile and really comfortable for those long days at University or work. I like wearing maxi-skirts in summer AND in winter, as long as it's not raining obviously. Here are some ideas I had on how to style my maxi-skirt with clothing items I already own:

Black Maxi Skirt styling


Which of these combinations would you wear? My personal favourite is the first combination. I'm a sucker for bowler hats and chunky heeled boots.

Also, polyvore is amazing. You can follow my account here! Back to my dissertation now......

xoxo
Christa

4 comments:

  1. Love the middle look!

    Good Luck with the dissertation!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the middle look is one of my favourite combinations in summer :)

      and thanks! xx

      Delete
  2. "the act of purchasing clothes you won't wear with money you don't really have"

    That really cracked me up! :)

    www.allthingslady.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete