Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Bologna - The metabolically challenged (Pt. 2)

I tend to believe that the best should be saved for last. As you might have read in the first part of this post, I was meant to post the second part to it AGES ago. Bear with me, I'm a final year student.

6. Piazzale Michelangelo 

I swear I was looking forward to being in this place ever since I got to know of its existence.  Piazzale Michelangelo is famous for its panoramic view of Florence. It's just a couple of minutes away by bus from the centre of Florence, and can even be accessed by walking up what seemed like an infinite amount of steps from Piazza Giuseppe Poggi. Whichever method you use to get to it, I promise it's worth it. The view covers the heart of Florence including the bridges along the Arno river, the Duomo, Santa Croce and the bell tower amongst others.

One thing that attracted me in a child-following-the-pied-piper kind of way was the live music in this Piazzale. I finally discovered the music was being produced by the very talented Francesco Bassi, who covered a number of popular songs to the warm multinational audience. Highlight of my holiday? You can say that again!

THE view 


I was in awe at how talented this musician was. Honestly!



7. Carnival in Bologna

Malta's carnival is something I have always detested with a passion so great it's unfathomable. However I LOVED the simplicity of the carnival in Bologna! The Disney floats, innocent children and LOADS of confetti everywhere, including my shoes helped shape this newly-found opinion. Hooray for carnival!

My carnival photos sucked. Sorry! 

8. Sunday morning 

There's something about Sunday mornings that makes me want to become a tour leader and visit all the cultural places everywhere. Sunday mornings are cultural (or hungover) (or in this case both) mornings. Bologna on Sunday morning is a gem! All the streets are pedestrianised and and bursting with culture - including street musicians which I am, as you might have realized,  quite keen of.

On Sunday morning we also stumbled upon a vintage market which had the most gorgeous vintage items ever, ranging from designer jewellery to furniture. I didn't get anything from this market because the items were either too enormous to fit in my hand-luggage or too expensive for my VERY tight budget.

Street Musicians YAY. 

9. Maisons du Monde 

I had never even heard about the existence of this shop. Did I nearly burst out crying at the awesomeness of this shop? Yes. Yes I quite shamelessly did.

I don't have many photos of this shop because I was too busy crying 
10. The coffee-shops 

My obsession with coffee-shops, the kind that sell coffee, is quite unhealthy. 
These topped the charts and deserve ALL THE AWARDS: 

Colazione da Bianca
As soon as I entered this cafe I thought of two things: Breakfast at Tiffany's and Tumblr. I'm quite sure this is one of the cutest places I've ever been to! Like their facebook page for more photos and information.



They also sell gluten-free goods! 

Le Stanze del Tenente

We actually thought this was some sort of museum at first. However as soon as we realized this was another cafe, we obviously couldn't resist the temptation. I fell in love with the ambience and variety of teas we could choose from.




I ended up choosing a minty green tea. Yummy :) 

xoxo

Christa

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    First of all I would like to say well done on your blog.
    Second, I have nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award.

    Check out the post on my blog:
    http://sarina515.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was an amazing time! Love the photographs. Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete